Stews that are cooked in casseroles require little preparation, however the marinade and the cooking require much more time, so this easy chicken casserole is a dish to prepare one day in advance.
The next day, warm it up slowly and gently, and a very pleasant smell will embalm your house.
Ingredients list for chicken casserole recipe
For 4 people:
- 1 large chicken
- 2 1/2 cups(60cl) Blue Chimay beer (or any belgian abbey brewer beer)
- 1/2 lb (250g) Paris mushrooms
- 1/2 lb (250g) smoked pork belly
- 2 large onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 large carrots
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 1 1/3 ounce (50g) butter
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
The day before, prepare the marinade
1. Cut your chicken into pieces.
2. Peel the garlic, carrots and onions then cut the carrots and fennel into small cubes (brunoise).
3. Chop the garlic and the onions finely.
4. Cut the bacon into small pieces.
5. Place chicken in a bowl with the fennel, garlic, carrots, onions and bacon. Then cover with beer.
6. Add the cloves, thyme, bay leaves, cinnamon and add salt to your liking.
7. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
1. Clean the mushrooms, remove the dirt from feet while keeping them whole if they are not too big.
2. Remove the chicken from the marinade and drain.
3. Remove the cloves from the marinade.
4. Place the marinade in a colander to separate the vegetables from the beer. Keep the beer.
5. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
6. Add the chicken pieces and make it brown for 10 minutes.
7. Add mushrooms, bacon and vegetables from the marinade.
8. Let sweat for 5 minutes.
9. Pour beer over all and cook, covered, for 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours over low heat.
Your chicken casserole is ready to serve!
Read also: ginger lemon cookies