Ingredients list for ginger lemon cookies
- 2 1/2 ounces (70g) wheat flour
- 1 ounce (30g) chestnut flour
- 1 teaspoon of dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 3/4 ounces (50g) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 ounces (40g) blond sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
Ham Cheese & Spinach Puffs
1. Sift flour and dry yeast together.
2. Add ginger, lemon zest and sugar. Mix all together.
3. Add honey (or maple syrup). Let the butter take the room temperature and add it to the mixture.
4. Mix well and form a ball of dough by hand.
5. Shape a roll of dough and let it rest in the fridge for about an hour to straighten it.
6. Cut thin slices and cook your cookies for 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 360°f (180°c). These cookies have a taste of gingerbread!
- If you lack of time and you don’t want let the dough rest in the fridge: spread it with your favorite pin roll then use small pastry rings or cooky cutters. But don’t make your ginger cookies too flat because they would be way too crisp.
- Brush your ginger lemon cookies with honey when your get them out of the oven.
Read also: carrot salad with pears