These chicken tenders asked us to be thrown in a skillet with plenty of garlic and sun-dried tomatoes, so, we did just that! Garnish with mozzarella, chili pepper flakes and basil and you obtain a quick and yummy dinner that will blow you away. Plus, it’s ready in 20 minutes! Serve over pasta, zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash. ♡
Ingredients list for the Skillet Creamy Chicken Tenders
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jar (3-4 oz) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, chopped and 2 tablespoons oil reserved
- 1 lb (450g) chicken tenders (or chicken breasts cut in strips)
- 1 cup (250ml) half and half
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Crushed red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1. In a large skillet, over high heat, saute garlic and chopped sun-dried tomatoes in 2 tablespoons of the reserved oil for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant. Remove from the pan, keeping the oil, and cook chicken tenders on high for 1 minute on each side, sprinkled with salt and red chili pepper flakes.
2. Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes back to the skillet with chicken. Add half and half and cheese and bring to a simmer until cheese melts. Adjust thickness of the sauce with chicken broth, then add 1 tablespoon of chopped basil, and a good sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Stir well to combine.
3. Allow to simmer for a couple of minutes more and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Serve over pasta, zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash. Enjoy! ♡