This ultra-creamy broccoli Alfredo noodles is so comforting it will blow your mind that it comes together in only 20 minutes! Paired with a tender broccoli rice and plenty of Parmesan makes for a satisfying dinner full of good-for-you nutrients!
Ingredients list for the Creamy Broccoli Noodles
- 1 head broccoli
- 8 oz (220g) spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (250ml) cooked pasta water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 cup (250ml) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup of fresh shredded Parmesan (or four-Cheese Italian blend)
The broccoli rice:
1. Cut the broccoli into medium pieces and transfer to a food processor – work in batches if necessary. Pulse the broccoli until completely broken down into couscous-sized granules. Pull out any unprocessed pieces, transfer broccoli rice to a bowl and re-process the large pieces. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water, drain and set aside. Reserve approximatively 1 cup some of the cooked pasta water. Dissolve the bouillon cube in the hot pasta water.
2. Heat olive oil and butter on medium heat in a large skillet, add minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute, without burning.
3. Add pasta water (with the dissolved bouillon cube), and heavy cream to the skillet with cooked garlic. Bring to a simmer, stirring, then add cooked spaghetti. Once the liquids are simmering again, add the broccoli rice, and keep stirring everything together. Add cheese, reduce to simmer and continue to cook, constantly stirring, to thicken the sauce and cook the broccoli – for another minute or two.
4. To serve, top each serving with cheese and a good turn of the pepper mill.