Nothing shows a little loving like a homemade sweet treat you can enjoy at tea time… Flaky, crunchy and so easy to make, these elephant ear cookies will be the center of attention of your next cookie swap! For a finishing touch, take these sweet cookies to the next level by dipping them into fragrant dark chocolate.
Ingredients list for Chocolate Dipped Elephant Ear Cookies
Makes about 35 cookies:
- 1 puff pastry (recipe here, you can also buy it frozen)
- 3/4 cups (150g) of castor sugar
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) dark chocolate
1. Sprinkle your work surface with half the sugar.
2. Roll out the puff pastry into two rectangles. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
3. Roll tightly from the edge of each rectangle, toward the center. Then let the dough rest for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
4. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 390°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Using a sharp knife, make slices 1/4 inch (7 mm) thick with the dough. Transfer the mini elephant ears on the baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes and let rest on a wire rack.
7. Melt the chocolate in a double-boiler. Dip half of the mini elephant ears in the melted chocolate and let dry on parchment paper. Enjoy!