Here’s a chocolate-dipped strawberries recipe that will please both kids and adults. Children will be happy to help you because it’s very easy; simply dip the strawberries into the melted chocolate and then the pistachios. You can use any variety of strawberries; just don’t choose ones that are too large to be eaten in one bite! Plus, the result is as good looking as it is delicious.
Ingredient list for the chocolate pistachio strawberries
For about 20 strawberry bites:
- 1 3/4 ounces (50g) blanched pistachios
- 1 3/4 ounces (50g) milk chocolate for the coating
1. Wash and dry the strawberries — do not remove the stalks. Prick a toothpick or a a small picnic skewers in the top of each strawberry.
2. Chop the pistachios finely with a knife. Don’t use your blender; the pistachios need to be coarsely chopped.
3. Chop the chocolate with a knife and melt it in the microwave or in a bain-marie. If you choose the microwave, proceed in small sequences of 20 seconds each; the chocolate should be melting but not too runny.
4. Dip each strawberry (halfway up only) first in chocolate, then in chopped pistachios. Roll well so the pistachios stick properly.
5. Lay your strawberry bites progressively on parchment paper or a plate. Keep cool until ready to serve.
Tip: You can also serve your chocolate and pistachio strawberry bites with a strawberry sorbet.