Milk Chocolate Bites — These nibbles pack a seriously chocolatey punch: they make the perfect accompaniment to your mid-morning coffee, or enjoy them as an afternoon treat around a cup of tea. These no bake sweeties truffles are easy and fun to make, just have an instant thermometer at hand to get the most accurate temperature possible for the coating chocolate. Are you ready to make a lot of people happy in the house?
Ingredients list for the milk chocolate bites
Makes 40 bites:
- 1/2 lb (225g) milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup (110ml) whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (10g) of glucose syrup
- 3 1/2 oz (100 g) feuilletine (looks like wafer crunch. You can find it online, in grocery stores at the baking segment. You can substitute Rice Krispies, but it taste a bit different)
- 1/3 lb (150 g) dark chocolate, for the coating
1. Bring the cream and syrup to a boil in a saucepan, then remove from heat and add the crushed milk chocolate. Stir constantly to form an homogenous mixture.
2. Drop small dollops of ganache on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Let the mixture harden then form small balls using your fingers.
3. Temper your dark chocolate: This step looks a bit complicated, but it’s really not. You’ll need a instant cooking thermometer. Using a double boiler, melt 2/3 of crushed chocolate and bring it at 115°F (46°C), stirring regularly. When that point is reached, remove from heat and add the remaining 1/3 of crushed chocolate. This will bring temperature down to 84°F (29°C) progressively. Once this temperature is reached, remove the chocolate pieces that are not melt, if any. Reheat quickly to get a 90°F final temp.
4. Dip each ball into the tempered chocolate and quickly coat in a plate filled with feuilletine.
5. Let cool completely. Your chocolate bites are ready!