Braised Swiss Chard Recipe
I used to cook swiss chard gratin with Mornay or Bechamel sauce, but no sauce for today: we’ll use only the stems that are just cooked in the pan to make a very nice side dish to accompany any grilled meat.
Ingredients list: braised swiss chards
- A few chard leaves (I kept the white part of the leaf and I set aside the green part) after 1-2 leaves per person
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- A small bunch of parsley
- Salt and pepper
1. Wash chard leaves, remove the green part and keep it for another use.
2. Cut the white central part (the stem) into small squares.
3. Drizzle olive oil in a pan and put the pieces of chard. Add salt and pepper. Add the crushed garlic, cook for a few minutes covered. Add the chopped parsley.
4. Cook until vegetables become transparent (they must be cooked and crisp) adjust seasoning, add parsley and garlic according to your to taste. Serve with grilled red meat…
Read also: cherry soup recipe