A staple of festive foods, lamb can be enjoyed in many forms! Slow cooked, mini-roasted, diced, chopped or skewered, it’s all good! Why not celebrate summer with lamb skewers? Here is a fast, simple and original lamb recipe, Asian-style this time. Serve it as an appetizer; it’s perfect! You just have to cut it thinly so that lamb dices will cook way faster and you won’t spend much time watching after the BBQ or the stove. If you have an electric indoor barbecue, this recipe is certainly the way to go!
Ingredients list for lamb skewers with satay sauce
- 2 large slices of lamb
- Wood skewers
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ lemon sauce:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 3/4 cup (40 cl) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon powdered satay
- 1 cube stock
1. Preparing the marinade: Cut lamb into cubes and place in a dish. Add crushed garlic and lemon juice and sprinkle with crushed cube stock. Mix well.
2. Preparing the sauce: Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the satay powder. Once it is diluted, add the coconut milk.
3. Cooking lamb skewers: Place the lamb pieces on skewers, and then grill over the BBQ or fry in a pan. Serve with the satay sauce.
(Photo by adelices)
Nina L. Palmer