Need to add some excitement to your Spring cocktails? Here’s a wonderfully refreshing rum based drink with a feminine touch, made with homemade grenadine syrup.
Ingredients list for the Bacardi cocktail
Serves 2 glasses
For the Grenadine simple syrup:
- 1 cup fresh or bottled Pomegranate juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vodka (optional, but better for conservation)
For the cocktail:
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Bacardi Rum
- Juice from one fresh lime
- 3 – 6 tablespoon Grenadine syrup, to taste
- Sparkling water (optional)
- Lime slices for garnish
- Fresh strawberry slices for garnish (optional)
- Ice cubes
The Grenadine syrup:
1. Combine the Pomegranate juice and sugar and heat until sugar is dissolved; remove from heat and allow to cool. Add vodka and refrigerate.
The Bacardi Cocktails:
1. Fill 2 cocktail glasses with ice. And fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Add the rum, lime juice and grenadine syrup to the shaker, and shake vigorously to get thoroughly cold. Pour over ice in glasses.
3. Top with cold sparkling mineral water, if desired.
4. Garnish with a lime slice and strawberry slices, if desired.