No need to go to the donut shop anymore! Whether you enjoy them as dessert or a quick snack on the go, these apple fritter rings are, flat out, ridiculously good! The lightweight batter (thanks to rice flour) is flavored with a real vanilla pod, so it simply tastes like magic. Use Granny Smith as they are firmer and a bit tangy, which suits perfectly for these apple fritters.
Ingredients list for Apple Fritter Rings
Make about 15 apple fritters:
- 3 medium-tart apples (Granny Smith are great)
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 3/4 cup (170g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (170g) rice flour
- 2 2/3 tablespoons (30g) baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup (300ml) water
- Icing sugar
Whole Roasted Cauliflower With Butter Sauce
1. In a bowl, combine flour, rice flour, baking powder and scrapped vanilla seeds. Add water gradually, mixing until you get a smooth batter, thick but liquid. Let rest for 30 minutes.
2. Heat your deep fryer to 340°F (170°C), or a large saucepan with vegetal oil.
3. Peel, core and cut apples into slices, roughly 1/2-inch thick. An apple corer will be useful if you want to make neat cuts.
4. Dip a slice of apple in the dough. Drop in the deep fryer. Cook for a few minutes until the rings are golden brown.
5. Sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy.
(Photo by Ornella Cuisine)