This chicken fricassee with an easy preparation will delight fans of poultry (and others!).
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Ingredients: Chicken Fricassee with Mushrooms
- 1 chicken (1.5 kg)
- 1 onion
- 25 g butter
- 2 sp. Of flour
- 70 cl chicken broth
- 25 cl dry white wine
- 230 g mushrooms
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 g cream
- Lemon juice
- Salt, black pepper
Whole Roasted Cauliflower With Butter Sauce
Preparation chicken Fricassee with mushrooms
1. In a saucepan, cook carrots and onion in butter for 5 minutes over a medium heat. Cut the chicken into a dozen pieces and add to pan. Turn the pieces every minute for 4 minutes until lightly browned.
2. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook very gently. Turn chicken pieces once during cooking.
3. Add salt, pepper and flour on both sides of chicken. Cover and cook gently for 4-5 minutes.Turn chicken once during cooking.
4. Remove from heat. Boil the broth and pour over chicken. Add wine, parsley and enough stock or water to cover chicken. Bring to a boil slowly. Cover and cook gently for 30 minutes.
5. Cook the mushrooms with butter and just a few drops of lemon juice. Remove the sauce of mushrooms and chicken. Simmer the juice for 3 minutes in a saucepan. Remove the fat from the juice. Increase heat, boil, and stir until the sauce is reduced by itself, enough to fill 4 or 5 coffee cups.
6. Mix egg yolks and cream. While beating the mixture, add the sauce very gently. Pour sauce into a saucepan and cook over a fairly high heat. Stir the sauce without stopping. Boil for 1 minute. Add a few drops of lemon juice, salt and pepper.
7. Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables. Reheat if necessary. Add butter before serving.
Wine suggestion: red wine from Bordeaux and Saint Chinian Rosé de Provence, Vouvray white wine . — Also Read: Boeuf Bourguignon Recipe