Couscous with vegetables and herbs! This green couscous is a full accompaniment: vegetables and cereals, it comes out very tasty and fragrant. There really is nothing complicated in the recipe I offer today. Cook the asparagus “al dente” for only five minutes to have it crisp. I added green peas, zucchini, and a mixture of very fragrant herbs: dill, mint, coriander, parsley, tarragon… Use the ones you love! The pistachios add crunch and originality to the dish. This vegetable couscous will also fit perfectly in your lunch box or picnic basket.
For 4 people:
- 5 1/3 oz (150g) couscous
- 5 fl oz (15 cl) of boiling water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 1 small chopped zucchini
- 1 handful of fresh herbs (mint, dill, coriander …)
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) of cooked green peas
- 7 oz (200g) green asparagus cooked
- 1 3/4 oz (50g) shelled pistachios
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pinch of cumin
- Salt and pepper
1. In a large bowl, let the couscous swell with boiling water and olive oil. Add the salt, cumin and lemon juice. Leave to cool, regularly separating the grains with a fork. Taste, and the adjust seasoning if necessary.
2. Finely chop the herbs: dill, mint, coriander, parsley, tarragon… Feel free to add your own touch and mix flavors. Add them to the couscous with peppers, onions, zucchini, and green peas. Cut the asparagus into pieces (reserve the heads to be used for decoration) and add them to the mixture. Mix well and keep cool.
3. When serving, pour the couscous into a pretty dish or divide into glasses or bowls. Add the asparagus heads on top, crushed pistachios and a few remaining herbs. Enjoy!