Cookies are certainly the perfect end to a wonderful meal alongside a cup of coffee or tea. Yielding a bold vanilla and butter flavor with a perfectly crunchy texture, these vanilla crescent cookies are simply perfect as a special treat for your guests or for your next cookie swap. If you’re a vanilla lover we highly suggest you to use actual vanilla beans for the dough, and skip vanilla sugar.
Ingredients list for Vanilla Crescent Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (100g) almond powder
- 6 oz or 1 1/2 stick (180g) butter
- 1/2 cup (60g) of powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 packet (0,32 oz – 32g) of vanilla sugar
- Icing sugar
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, ground almonds, and powdered sugar.
2. Cut the butter into small pieces and combine with the flour mixture. Work with your fingers until you obtain a sandy texture, as you would make for a shortbread pastry.
3. Add egg yolks and work by hand to form a soft ball of dough. Wrap in plastic and place in your refrigerator for several hours.
4. Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
5. Shape small pieces of dough with the palm of your hands to form small tubes of about 2 inch (5-6cm) long. Bow the pieces of dough to shape nice crescents with slightly tapered ends.
6. Transfer the crescents on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes. Cookies should be lightly browned.
7. Remove from the oven, coat the crescents with icing sugar and vanilla sugar while they’re still hot. This will make the sugar stick to the cookie. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.