Potato and Apple Salad Recipe! This Swedish inspired salad is kind of a complete meal by itself, and you’ll find both crunch and freshness in a very satisfying recipe
Do not hesitate to use your best salad bowl to give a little glamour to this quick-to-make salad! And if, like me, you get a few friends at home, it can become a beautiful starter in all its simplicity. Find the Swedish Potato and Apple Salad recipe instructions here.
Ingredients list for the Scandinavian apple potato salad
- 2 lbs (1 kg) of boiled potatoes with their skin
- 2 lbs (1kg) granny smith apples, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery
- 4 fillets of herring, organic
- 2 spring onions
- 2 sprigs of dill
Balsamic, Honey Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt (or cottage cheese)
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Salt and pepper
Peel the potatoes and cut them into regular cubes.
2. Wash the apple, remove the core, and cut into cubes (keep the skin).
3. Wash celery, remove the leaves, and cut into sections.
4. Cut the onions into rings, keeping a little green.
5. Cut herring fillets into small pieces.
6. Wash and chop the dill (keep a few stems for decoration).
7. Put all ingredients into a large bowl.
8. Prepare the sauce: mix mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, mustard and lemon juice. Season generously.
9. Pour the sauce into the bowl and mix gently. Put into your refrigerator.
10. When ready to serve, divide the salad into individual bowls or dishes. Decorate with a few sprigs of dill.
(Image Dominique Sauvages)