Spicy shrimp coated with parmesan! Here’s a little recipe that rocks! This is simple to make, festive and very good. These small delights can be eaten as appetizer; make sure to prepare them at the last minute so they stay crunchy…
Ingredient list for spicy shrimp with parmesan
Serve 4, count 3-4 shrimp per person, or maybe more:
- A dozen raw shrimp, thawed
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 egg white
- 3 ounces (90g) of grated parmesan
- Frying oil
1. Peel the shrimp, and just keep the caudal fin.
2. Prick shrimps one by one on toothpicks and arrange on a plate.
3. Sprinkle cayenne pepper and curry (season at your convenience).
4. In a bowl, beat the egg white to make it fluffy.
5. In another plate, put the grated parmesan.
6. Prepare the frying oil in a pan.
7. Dip shrimp in egg white first and then roll them into the parmesan.
8. Fry for 2-3 minutes on one side and 1 minute on the other side. Prawns change color and parmesan scorches.
9. Place shrimp on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
If you would like to use less oil, skip the skewers and lay the coated shrimp on a baking sheet, drizzle with few drops of olive oil and bake at 390°F (200°C) for 12 minutes, turning from time to time.
(Photo by J’en Veux Encore Plus)
(This recipe was originally published on june 18th, 2013)