Looking for a healthy dinner in less than 30 minutes to prepare? No problem. This garlic lemon chicken breasts and green beans main-dish will satisfy your family’s appetite. Dinner never sounded so good!
Ingredients list for the Garlic Lemon Chicken breasts
- 1.5 – 2 lbs (650g – 900g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound (450g) green beans, trimmed
- 3 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup (75ml) fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup (60ml) chicken broth
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1. In microwave-safe dish put green beans sprinkled with salt and pepper, oregano, a drizzle of olive oil and 2 tablespoons water. Cover and microwave 3 to 5 minutes, until green beans are crisp-tender, stirring once. Set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oregano, salt, pepper, minced garlic and chicken broth. Set aside.
3. Sprinkle chicken breasts with oregano, salt and pepper on both sides. In a 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil and brown chicken on both sides for 6-8 minutes, until tender and no longer pink.
4. In the meantime, fry bacon in a skillet over medium-high, until brown and crispy. Remove bacon from the skillet and drain excess fat on paper towels. Crumble bacon in small bits and set aside.
5. Transfer green beans to the skillet with chicken and pour the lemon, garlic, oregano sauce evenly over. Stir well and cook for 3 minutes more to let the flavor meld, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary. Sprinkle with crispy bacon bits and serve directly from the skillet. Enjoy! ♡