I didn’t invent this homemade pizza recipe. It’s a very easy healthy pizza recipe that was on the menu at “La Grande Pizza” in Toulouse, France, when I was on vacation in summer 2006. As it’s been awhile since I visited, I do not know if this pizza is still on the menu and even if this pizzeria still serves quality pizza
What was surprising to me in this Gorgonzola Pizza Recipe was its simplicity and its relatively healthy composition: beside gorgonzola, no fat ingredients were added to artificially “pump up” the taste of this lovely pizza.
So here’s a gorgonzola pizza recipe with a hint of parsley and garlic. If you don’t want to buy your pizza dough at the baker’s, you can do it by yourself. Here’s the homemade pizza dough recipe.
Ingredients list for Gorgonzola Pizza recipe
For two people:
- 10 ounces (300g) pizza dough, about 3/4 of the basic recipe
- 5 fl oz (150 ml) tomato coulis
- 7 ounces (200g) of gorgonzola
- 3 small cloves of garlic
- 5-6 branches of curly parsley
- A little olive oil
The day before, make the pizza dough, let it grow until it doubles in volume, then refrigerate overnight, wrapped in plastic foil.
1. The tomato sauce can be prepared the day before, see the tomato sauce for pizza recipe here.
2.Chop the garlic and parsley.
3. Mix the garlic and parsley, add a little olive oil.
5. Cut the gorgonzola into “slices”. Not always easy when it is very creamy. Preheat oven to 390°F (200°c).
6. Place the dough on a floured surface. Fold over itself several times, it should become firm and become more elastic. Return the dough.
7. Form into a ball with both your hands.
8. Lower the dough to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Place the dough on a baking sheet and stretch it a bit if needed. The dough circle has a diameter of about 11-12 inches (28-30cm)
9. Add and spread the tomato sauce over almost the entire surface of the dough.
10. Spread the gorgonzola slices on the pizza. Add garlic and chopped parsley. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.
So what do you think of this easy gorgonzola pizza recipe? — Also Read: How to make Dark Chocolate Sorbet