A fresh, crisp salad full of good-for-you-ingredients and filling enough to keep you on tracks for the afternoon.
Ingredients list for the Chickpea Feta Greek Salad
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup fresh green peas
- 1 cup feta cheese, diced (or mozzarella)
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
For the dressing
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and fresh cracked peper, to taste
1. First, make the dressing: in a large bowl, combine all ingredients for the dressing and whisk to combine. Adjust seasoning and set aside.
2. Add vegetable, herbs and seasoning and toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors combine. Some dressing will settle on the bottom, so stir well before serving.
Note: Vegetarian, gluten free