Prepare a nutritious and healthy hot meal your family will love! This satisfying and soul-warming chicken soup is ready in less than 1 hour and requires very little hands-on work—so you can tackle more important stuff that still fit in a busy schedule.
Ingredients list for the Chicken Soup with Vegetable
Serves 4 | Hands-On Time: 20m | Cook time: 40 m | Total Time: 1hr
- 4 Organic chicken breasts
- 8 cups (2l) water
- 4 cups peeled, seeded, and chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 ½ cups fresh green beans, broken or cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. In a large pot, add the chicken breasts and bouillon cubes. Add the water, place the lid on the pot and simmer for 20 minutes. Then remove the chicken from the pot and set it aside.
2. Add the tomatoes, and pepper to the pot and turn the heat on high. Place the lid on the pot and then turn to low and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, shred the chicken with a fork and add to the pot for a few minutes. Then transfer everything to another large bowl or container.
4. In the same soup pot, add olive oil and sauté the onion for 5 minutes with a little salt over medium heat.
5. Add the carrots, green bean and potatoes and sauté for 5 minutes more. Add the broth and the chicken back to the pot. Add the oregano then simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add the lemon juice.
6. Season, to taste with kosher salt, serve and Enjoy!
(Photography © Viktorija)