Chicken and Potatoes with Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce makes for a nourishing dish perfect for a weeknight. Chicken thighs and potatoes are pan-seared, then finished in a delicious creamy sauce that perfectly combines all the flavors of garlic, tomato, spinach, spices and cheese. It’s truly an entire meal in a single skillet!
Ingredients list for the One Pan Chicken and Potatoes
Yield 2-3 servings:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (thyme, oregano, basil – combined)
- 2 cups baby red potatoes, washed and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (240ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (240ml) half and half (half cream mixed with half milk, for a lighter cream)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
1. Season chicken thighs with 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet or pot over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes per side; drain excess fat and set aside in a plate.
3. Melt remaining tablespoon butter in the same skillet. Add garlic, paprika, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, then add potatoes and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Stir in tomato and chicken broth and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Stir in and half and half, grated Parmesan cheese, spinach and crushed chili pepper flakes. Reduce heat to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Return chicken to the skillet, skin side up, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until chicken and potatoes are cooked through. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with additional red pepper flakes and parmesan, enjoy!