Make the most of Spring vegetables with this Thai chicken curry. It’s simple, fresh, and full of nutritious ingredients. Serve this creamy and fragrant stew over white or brown rice.
Ingredients list for the Chicken Curry Recipe
- 2 lbs (1kg) skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 4 cups fresh spring vegetables: asparagus, green peas, snap peas…
- 2-3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ cups (350ml) chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 cup (240ml) coconut milk
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional, for garnish)
- Lime wedges, for garnish
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
1. Season chicken pieces with salt and black pepper. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces in batches and lightly brown. Remove and transfer to a plate and continue cooking all the chicken the same way. Avoid crowding the pot because the chicken will steam instead of browning.
2. Add the onion, garlic and ginger to the pot and cook about 5 minutes, until softened. Add the bell pepper, asparagus, green peas and snap peas. Cook another few minutes.
3. Add the chicken back to the pot. Add the curry powder and cumin. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the stock, cover the pot and simmer gently, stirring occasionally for about 15-20 minutes. The chicken should be cooked through.
4. Add the coconut milk, and simmer gently uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring until the sauce is thickened. Serve over rice, with lime wedges and chopped cilantro for garnish.