Under a cripsy puff crust, you’ll find a finelly seasonned meat, marinated in wine. An excellent delicatessen: this Champenois Pate recipe can be easily done at home at a very affordable cost. This specialty is a pate block called “puppet” (not molded), stuffed with pork and rabbit seasoned with onions and spices.
Level of difficulty : Easy
Champagne Pâté Preparation: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 90 minutes
Ingredients: Champenois Pate Recipe
for 8 people
- 300 g boneless rabbit meat
- 300 g pork
- 300 g sausage meat
- 1 onion
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 whole egg
- A glass of marc de champagne
- 600 g puff pastry
- salt, pepper
Preparation: Champenois Pate Recipe
- Cut the meat into small pieces.
- Marinate in an earthenware dish with marc de Champagne, shallots, thin sliced onion and garlic for 12 hours.
- Lower 2 / 3 of the dough and line pie pan, leaving 2 cm of overflow.
- Put the drained meat.
- Fold the edges of the dough preparation.
- Roll out remaining dough and cover the pie by welding the edges.
- Light the oven.
- Brush the pate with the beaten egg yolk and a tablespoon of water.
- Bake 1 hour 30 minutes in a hot oven.