Enjoy these crunchy cookies with tea or coffee or as an accompaniment to ice cream, sorbet and compotes. Easy to make, Cats’ Tongues Cookies keep very well in airtight containers. Take care to heat the bowl before working the butter.
Preparation: 15 to 20 minutes
Cooking time: 7-8 minutes
- 1 bowl
- A baking sheet or small cat’s tongue pans
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) butter, melted
- 4 oz (110g) caster sugar
- 3 egg whites (or 2 whole eggs)
- 1 cup (100g) flour
- Vanilla extract
- Grated lemon zest
Preparation of ingredients Cats’ Tongues Cookies Recipe
- Separate whites from yolks.
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C).
- In a warm bowl, place the butter and work it with a spatula until smooth.
- Add sugar, and whip vigorously. Add the egg yolks one by one.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir well to combine.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and add them to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a pastry bag and pipe onto the baking sheet, not too tightly because the cat’s tongues spread while baking.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, the cat’s tongues should be golden.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Did you like this Cats’ Tongues Cookies Recipe? Share it with your friend!