This recipe for zucchini lasagna and goat cheese is ideal when the weather is chilly. This Vegetarian lasagna is made with seasonal vegetable in this recipe we willl be using zucchini. There is no no risk in combining zucchini and goat cheese, because this association always works and impresses! This dish is still as good the next day, it’s even more melty when you warm it up… yum!
Ingredient list for Veggie Lasagna recipe
Serves 4 to 6 :
- 4 large zucchini (up to 2 to 3lbs total)
- 8 1/2 ounces (240g) goat cheese
- 12 lasagna sheets
- 1 1/4 pint (600ml) milk
- 1 1/2 ounce (45g) of butter
- 1 1/2 ounce (45g) cornstarch
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper and a little garlic
- A nice handful of grated cheese
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Wash zucchini and grate with a large grater.
2. Sauté in a little olive oil in a skillet over low heat for 15 minutes. Add the goat cheese into pieces and cook until the goat cheese melts and mixture. Salt and pepper and put a little garlic (optional).
3. Prepare the béchamel sauce: In a saucepan, put the butter to melt over low heat. Once it is melted add cornstarch at once. Stir with a wooden spatula to obtain a homogeneous mixture and cook for 5 minutes. Then add gradually the cold milk, whisking briskly to avoid lumps. Salt and pepper. Cook a few minutes until the béchamel sauce coats the spoon.
4. Preheat oven to 360°f (180°).
5. In a large greased baking dish, have a first layer of lasagna sheets, top with a layer of zucchini, then a layer of béchamel. Repeat until you run out of zucchini. Finish with a layer of lasagne topped with bechamel sauce and sprinkle with grated cheese.
6. Bake in hot oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Enjoy your lasagna with zucchini!