This recipe just rocked my childhood. My older sister used to make these sweet potato chips as soon as the potatoes were hitting the farmer markets. They’re both perfect to kick start your diner and to snack in front of the TV. Anyway, it’s a no headache recipe that will have kids asking for more!
Ingredient list for Sweet Potato Chips Sweet
- Sweet potatoes
- Blond or brown cane sugar
- Sunflower oil
Creamy Four Cheese Spinach Butternut Squash
1. Put oil to heat in a large skillet.
2. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes, wash and pat dry them.
3. Using a mandoline slicer, cut slices of 1-3 mm to make chips.
4. Turn the sliced potatoes gradually during cooking to brown them evenly.
5. In a large bowl or plate, place the absorbent paper over the bottom.
6. Once the batch is cooked, place the sliced potatoes on the paper to remove excess oil and sprinkle generously with sugar.
7. Replace paper towels over the layer of sweet potato chips and repeat the process until there are no more sweet potatoes slices.
8. Once completed, place the slices on a serving platter, taking care to remove all the paper towels.
Note: I served these sweet potato chips as an appetizer, but you can prepare them for a meal. In this case, they will be eaten hot. To do this, I advise you to make slices 5mm thick or a little more, so you get potatoes that are crispy on the outside but soft at heart. Also a delight, but eat quickly after cooking as sweet potatoes cool quickly and tend to soften slightly.