Here’s a wonderful, easy summer snack recipe, perfect for your kids — and you too! We start with a chilled melon soup with mint and ginger to cool down those summer afternoons. But what a pity if we couldn’t just dip something into this delicious fruity soup! Let’s accompany it with a fragrant financier cake with its nutty taste — thanks to clarified butter or ghee — and flavored with coconut sugar. Treat all your people to this lightweight gourmet snack, perfect for those hot temperatures!
Ingredients list for the fresh melon soup
- 1 ripe melon
- Mint leaves
- A knob (2/3 inch- 2cm) of fresh ginger
Super-Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownie
1. With a blender, mix the pulp of the melon, add mint leaves and finely grated ginger.
2. Refrigerate while you prepare the financiers cakes.
Ingredients list for the financiers
Ghee is a key ingredient for this financier cake and it won’t taste the same with regular butter. For making ghee, you can follow this recipe. You’ll love the smell and nutty flavor. You can buy coconut sugar in specialty or grocery stores. If you don’t find, check Amazon! We used rice flour to make it lighter, and gluten free. I told you it’s a lightweight summer snack!
For 6 to 7 financier cakes:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 oz (30g) ghee (or butter)
- 1 tbsp (10g) of rice flour
- 1 1/4 tbsp (40g) coconut sugar
- 2/3 oz (20g) of powdered roasted almonds
- 1 csp vanilla powder
1. Mix the egg whites with sugar. Add the melted ghee, rice flour, vanilla and almond powder.
2. Pour into paper molds or a cavity financier pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 390°F (200°C) for about 12 min.
3. Unmold, leave to cool, and serve accompanied by the cold melon soup.
Enjoy this easy summer snack with your kids!