Do you know how to make a light salad that stands out? The needs of our bodies differ according to the seasons. It is true that when we reach the end of a long winter, the arrival of the first rays of sun triggers the need to eat differently. With the arrival of spring, our energy needs decrease, so here is a fresh and light salad to help us get used to a “summer diet”.
Ingredients list for the spring salad with shrimp, avocado and apple recipe
Serves 4 :
- 1 lb (400g) shelled prawns
- 1 1/2 pink grapefruit
- 1 1/2 Granny Smith apple
- 2 small avocados
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 small knob of celery root
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Peel the grapefruit, then cut off the white skins and membranes, keeping only the supreme. Work over a bowl so as to collect the juice.
2. Squeeze the lemon. Peel the apples, cut them into quarters, remove the core and seeds, and then cut into small sticks.
3. Open the avocados in half, remove the pit, peel and cut into small cubes. Sprinkle avocados and apples with lemon juice so they do not blacken.
4. Peel the tomatoes after soaking them in boiling water, then cut into small wedges. Peel and grate the celery with a large grater, and blanch for 5 minutes in boiling water. Drain and cool.
5. In a bowl, combine shrimp, grapefruit segments, apple sticks, cubes of avocado, grated celery and tomato wedges.
6. Emulsify the grapefruit juice and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle this vinaigrette on the salad and mix well.
Divide the salad into large glasses and serve immediately. I hope you’ll enjoy this spring salad this as much as we do!