This pork loin is simple to make and makes the house smell amazing. Slather the meat with a spicy marinade of Sriracha, garlic, and ginger few hours before, then pop in the fridge until it’s ready to roast. The meat comes out so moist and tender you could truly cut it with a fork.
Ingredients list for the roast pork
- 1½ pound pork loin
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
- 1 2” piece ginger, peeled, sliced
- 1/2 cup Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus more for grilling
1. Using the tip of a knife, lightly score fatty side of pork; season all over with salt.
2. Purée garlic, ginger, Sriracha, rice vinegar, and ¼ cup oil in a blender. Set 1/4 cup marinade aside; chill. Transfer remaining marinade to a large dish. Tie pork at 1-inch intervals with kitchen twine. Add pork and turn to coat turning occasionally, at least 2 hours.
3. Preheat your oven to 375°F(190°F). Unwrap pork, place on a rack set inside a roasting pan, and roast until golden brown and fat has just started to render, 40-50 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F(150°C) and continue to roast until meat is very tender, 1½–2 hours longer.
4.Transfer pork to a cutting board and let rest 20 minutes covered in foil before slicing against the grain.