Flavorful, and chock-full of healthy Omega-3’s, sardines are widely available and pack well. This sardine spread is one of the easiest appetizers you can make, and it will be always well received. Perfect for impromptu gatherings as it can be whipped up in a flash, place the spread in a bowl with some crackers on the side, and leave your guests to smear or dip as they wish. Imagine it with raw veggie sticks… Leftover spread can also be tucked inside an omelet for breakfast; in a sandwich, it makes the perfect on-the-go snack/meal replacement.
Ingredients list for Sardine Spread
- A can of sardines fillets in olive oil, drained
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) cream cheese
- 1/2 shallot
- A tablespoon of lemon juice
- A tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
One-Pan Cajun Chicken
1. Peel the shallot and chop it finely.
2. Combine together shallots, cream cheese, lemon juice, olive oil and a little salt and ground pepper.
3. Add the sardine fillets and mix everything with a fork.
4. Adjust the seasoning and add the chopped chives. Refrigerate until ready to serving.