Here’s a good starter recipe, maybe for your next BBQ party! Today we’ll prepare a wonderful spread with sardines, cheese and coriander.
A easy and quick spread recipe to make, both fragrant and creamy that is best served chilled as an aperitif. Depending of the consistency you want give it, you can use this as a spread or a dip. Start with fresh, mild, unflavored philadelphia cheese.
Other cheeses you can use: fresh ricotta or feta (you’ll need to use a food processor). Usually best served on toast!
Ingredients list for the sardine spread
- 2 cans of sardines, packed in olive oil
- 3 1/3 ounces (100g) cream cheese (such as Philadelphia)
- 1/4 cup lime juice or lemon juice
- 10 cilantro stems
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Drain the sardines and scrape the skin with a knife.
2. Remove the backbone and flake the flesh into a bowl.
3. Add cheese, lemon juice, chopped coriander, salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil from the sardine can.
4. Mix well and keep cool until you are ready to serve.