This pumpkin soups reminds the warm and velvety colors of autumn. Yet a perfect comfort food, this creamy pumpkin soup can be served in small bowls as a dinner starter or as a “standalone” version. Don’t hesitate to add toasted croutons rubbed with garlic to give it more body, it’s delicious!
Ingredients list for the pumpkin soup
For 4 persons:
- 1 lb (500g) pumpkin flesh (net weight, peeled)
- 5 1/3 ounces (150g) plain Philadelphia cheese
- 2 pints (1 liter) of chicken stock
- 1 onion
- A knob of butter
- 1 teaspoon of curry
Balsamic, Honey Roasted Cabbage Steaks
1. Sauté the onion over low heat in a pan containing the melted butter.
2. After 5 minutes, sprinkle with curry, stir and add the diced pumpkin.
3. Sauté for 2 minutes, then add broth.
4. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes over low heat.
5. After 20 minutes of cooking, add the Philadelphia and pass the soup in a blender until it becomes smooth. Then put it back to heat for 2 minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
6. Serve hot. At the last moment, add a tablespoon of Philadelphia and sprinkle with a little paprika.
Read also: Starbucks Verismo Coffee Machine