Simple and quick to make, these potato burgers are the perfect meal for hungry kids on busy weeknight. They are not too rich if you don’t use too much oil for cooking.
Ingredients for the potato patties burgers
serves 4 (12 to 14 burgers)
For the steaks filling:
- 3/4 to 1 lb (400 g) of minced meat
- 1 onion (medium)
- 1 tablespoon of grated cheese (Swiss, Cheddar…)
Oven Baked Mashed Potato Cakes
- 2 lbs (900 g to 1kg) of potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 onion
- 1 cup (100 g) grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
Prepare the potato patties:
1. Peel, wash and grate potatoes and put them in a strainer. Press the grated potatoes to drain their juice.
2. Transfer in a bowl and add the minced onion.
3. Add the beaten egg, 1 cup of grated cheese and mix well.
4. Salt and pepper.
5. Pre-heat your oven at 390°F (200°C).
6. Fill silicon muffin molds with this mixture. Add a little more as the patties tend to shrink when baking.
7. Bake à 390°F (200°C) for 15-20 minutes.
8. Allow to cool, remove from the molds. Then set aside.
While patties are cooking, prepare the steaks:
1. Mix ground beef with chopped onion and a tablespoon of cheese. Salt and pepper.
2. Form small burgers.
3. Briefly cook the burgers in the pan (non-stick pan is better)
4. Don’t cook the meat too much so that it remains juicy and pink (the burgers will be re-heated later in the oven, if the meat is already cooked through they will be dry out).
5. When meat is seared, set aside for later.
6. Build hamburgers on a plate lined with parchment paper: stack a potato pattie, a piece of mozzarella, a small steak, another piece of mozzarella and top with a potato pattie.
7. Reheat in the oven at 360°F (180°F) for a few minutes. Enjoy hot with a salad.