How to rediscover the potato gratin? I agree the word “potato” in a recipe is not the epitome of glamorous. Here’s a herb scented version. Yet with this recipe, just with butter and herbs, it’s a simple joy of flavors that accommodates with all poultry, fish, red meat or just a good slice of ham …
Ingredient list potato gratin
- 8 potatoes
- 1.6 oz (50g) butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- A bunch of chopped cilantro
- Salt, pepper
Super-Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownie
1. Peel, wash and pat dry the potatoes; then slice them thinly. A mandolin slicer is of a great help if you have one.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan or sauté pan with thyme and coriander. Add salt and pepper then pour in the sliced potatoes. Mix well 5 minutes so that the potatoes are coated with herbs and butter.
3. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C). Transfer potatoes into a rimmed baking dish, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
4. Then remove the foil and return for 10 minutes into the oven, just before serving… The top will be slightly crisp: a potato gratin like nothing you’ve ever had!