How do you peel tomatoes easily? Maybe you have experienced that it’s almost impossible to peel off a tomato skin when it’s raw out of the fridge, without ending up with a mashed fruit! In fact there’s a simple technique that allows you to peel skin from tomatoes. This technique is called “blanching.” It consists of boiling the tomato for a few seconds, and then stopping the cooking process with cold water, so only the superficial part of the skin is affected and can be removed in a breeze. Normally in classic cookery, regardless of treatment, no tomato is served with the skin to the client. Tomato skin is not very digestible and adds nothing to the taste. Follow these 6 steps to blanch tomatoes to peel their skin:
Follow these steps to blanch tomatoes to peel their skin
1. Bring water to a boil in a suitable container according to the amount of tomatoes you need.
2. Prepare cold water with ice cubes in another container.
3. With a paring knife, remove the stem.
4. Make an incision at the base of the tomatoes.
5. Immerse in boiling water for about 20 seconds, until the skin begins to peel away.
6. Put in ice water immediately to stop the cooking.
7. Remove skin.
8. The tomatoes are ready for use!