Are you a soup lover? There is nothing better than a steaming hot bowl of soup when the weather is cold. Today’s curried broccoli soup puts a healing foods spin on an asian inspired recipe by cooking lots of green veggies in coconut milk, curry and ginger. If you cannot find fresh broccoli, this soup is also great with frozen broccoli florets. Just pop the frozen broccoli straight in boiling water – it shouldn’t take much longer to cook and will save you the chopping step. Same goes with beans.
Ingredients list for Coconut Curry Broccoli Soup
Serves 4 :
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 handfuls of green beans
- 1 half green pepper
- 1 bowl of fava beans
- 1 onion
- 1 knob of fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1.75 cup (40cl) of coconut milk
- 1/2 bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- Espelette or jalapeno pepper powder
Super-Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownie
1. Peel and chop the onion. Peel the ginger knob and chop it finely. Cut out the stem and detach broccoli florets. Rinse all the vegetables. Remove the skin and strings of the beans and detail green pepper into thin strips.
2. Sauté onion in a pan for 5 minutes with a bit of oil, without coloring. Add ginger and curry and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Pour 1.25 cup (30cl) of water, add half the bouillon cube and simmer for 15 minutes. Pour the coconut milk and cook for 15 minutes more.
3. Meanwhile, cook the green vegetables in plenty of boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain and add to the curry sauce. Sprinkle a little ground Espelette or jalapeno pepper and serve with a bowl of rice.
(Photo by Chataigne)