Chickpeas and spinach curry—An easy one-pot that’s packed with flavor and good for you ingredients. So heartwarming on a cold day!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients list for the chickpeas and spinach curry
- 1 tablespoon ghee (how to make ghee at home) or sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tin (380g) chickpeas, drained
- 1 tin (390g) chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock (or water +1 bouillon cube)
- ½ teaspoon salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) fresh spinach
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Heat the ghee or sunflower oil in a large pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
2. Add all the spices and cook for 1 minute more.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, salt and pepper and about half of the vegetable stock. Stir well and simmer gently for about 20 minutes adding more stock as needed.
4. Add spinach and cook for a further couple of minutes, until the spinach has wilted. Do not overcook the spinach or it will lose its beautiful green color. Serve with rice or roasted sweet potatoes.