Here is a carrot salad recipe from the season to put a little color in your dishes. It is just a salad of carrots (for some vitamins needed before weather gets cold), pears (because they are excellent at this moment of the year), walnuts (freshly harvested), and Saint-Nectaire cheese (you can substitute any other cheese of your choice). So we get a colorful salad for a vitamin diet — it’s more dietetic if you remove the cheese, but… it would be a shame! You can go over there for more low calories recipes.
Ingredients list for Carrots Pears Salad
For 4 persons:
- 3 medium carrots
- 2 pears (firm flesh)
- 10 walnuts
- 1 2/3 ounces (50g) of Saint-Nectaire cheese, or any other cheese.
- Walnut oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
1. Peel and grate the carrots.
2. Wash and dry pears (untreated). Do not peel, cut them into quarters, remove the seeds and cut them into thin strips. Put lemon juice over the pears to prevent them from oxidation and losing their color.
3. Cracking nuts and kernels break coarsely.
4. Cut the cheese into small cubes.
5. Prepare the vinaigrette sauce: a tablespoon of cider vinegar, two tablespoons of walnut oil, salt and pepper.
6. Then, gently mix all these ingredients: it’s ready to serve!