These juicy oranges slices drizzled with a fragrant caramel makes for an elegant and simple dessert perfect for any evening dinner. Serve these with either a dollop of crème fraiche and a shortbread cookie or, for a healthier version, a little Greek yogurt mixed with honey.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredient list for the caramelized oranges
- 6 oranges, large and sweet
- 1/2 cup (90g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Peel oranges to flesh using a paring knife. Cut each segment away from white membranes so you are left with only the flesh of the oranges then slice oranges into ⅓-inch-thick slices and set aside. Collect about 2 tablespoons of orange juice.
2. In a saucepan combine the water, orange juice and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat and allow the caramel to color a bit—about 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, arrange the oranges slices on plates and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
3. When the dry caramel is ready, drizzle over orange slices and allow to cool a bit before serving.