Baked Stuffed Onion—An hearty and flavorful side dish for your fall and holiday meals. Red and White onions are filled with a delicious sausage and garlic mixture and then baked in the oven. Add your own twist to the stuffing if you like!
Ingredients list for the Baked Sausage Stuffed Onions
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
- 3 small onions
- 2 good quality sausages
- ½ onion, minced
- 2/3 celery stalk, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 bouillon cube, crumbled
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (180°C).
2. Carefully hollow out onions using a teaspoon or a melon baller and set aside
3. Crumble sausage and combine with onions, celery, breadcrumbs, bouillon cube. Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Stuff onions with the stuffing and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until onion is soft and top of stuffing is brown.