These irresistible Baked Garlic Bacon Potato Fries are baked, not fried, so you can feel a lot less guilty about eating half the pan! Easy to make, and healthier than traditional fries, they make a great side for a BBQ, or to enjoy on their own for an effortless dinner.
Ingredients list for the potato wedges
- 1lb (500g) potatoes
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Bacon, cut into small pieces
- Salt, fresh cracked pepper, vegetable oil
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
1. Make the sauce: combine ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Preheat you oven to 400°F (200°C). Rinse potatoes and pat dry; if you choose to peel them, rinse one more time. Cut into wedge or sticks and toss on a rimmed baking sheet with salt, pepper and vegetable oil. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, until slightly softened.
2. Pour 1/2 of the sauce in potatoes and toss to coat well. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until fork tender, shaking the pan from time to time. Add a bit of sauce 5 minutes before the end. To make them crisper, switch to grill mode for 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile reduce the remaining of the sauce in a saucepan. You’ll spoon it over potato wedge when serving. Fry bacon bits on the stove then discard fat and drain on paper towels, set aside.
4. Remove potatoes from oven, combine with bacon bits and half the chopped scallion, then divide into plates. Garnish with additional scallion and serve immediately.