In my opinion, breakfast is the best meal of the day and if you want to make your breakfast fit for a specialty brunch café, here’s a recipe for fluffy and light pancakes that you will crave on any day of the week. These vanilla pancakes get a little flavor boost from the addition of brown sugar, but I encourage you to use this recipe as a canvas, customizing it as you see fit. Add chocolate chips, berries, nuts, or other fruit to make them your own!
Ingredient list for the vanilla pancakes
- 2 1/2 cups (250g) flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (30g) of sugar
- 1/2 stick (60g) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (30cl) of milk
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. In a bowl, mix dry ingredients (flour and sugar) together. Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
2. Add eggs, milk and melted butter.
3. Whisk together until combined.
4. Heat a skillet to medium. Grease the skillet with a neutral oil, using a folded paper napkin. Ladle pancake mixture into the hot pan, wait until the batter starts to make bubbles and flip with a spatula. Cook 2-3 minutes more, until golden.
5. Drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy immediately!
(Picture by Nina Palmer)