Autumn is now well established so there’s room left for soups and other velvety comforting and warm dishes that will join in with seasonal vegetables… Spaghetti squash will be perfect to kick up this evening soup for the whole family.
Ingredients list for Spicy Spaghetti Squash Soup recipe:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 leek – only the white part
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spices mix (recipe at the end of the article) or spices of your choice
- Walnut oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Cook the whole squash in a large volume of salted water, during 30 minutes from boiling point.
2. Once squash is cooked, cut it in two and remove the seeds with a tablespoon.
3. Collect the flesh by scraping with a fork: it’s spaghetti-like… hence the name!
5. Salt, pepper and spices, stir and cover with water up and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Put over low heat for 10 minutes to continue cooking and serve hot with a few drops of walnut oil in each bowl, delicious…Ingredient list for gingerbread spices
Gingerbread spices mix
- 1/2 ounces (15 g) of cinnamon sticks (6 small sticks)
- 2 star anise
- 10 cloves
- 1/3 ounce (10g) coriander seeds
- 2/3 ounce (20g) anise
- 1 coffee spoon of powdered ginger
- 2 g of freshly grated nutmeg
Spice mix recipe:
1. Break the cinnamon sticks into pieces.
2. Put all ingredients except ginger and nutmeg in a coffee grinder or a small food processor and press it until you get a fine powder.
3. Stop from time to time so your robot does not heat up the mixture.
4. Pass this mixture through a sieve to remove the remaining pieces of spices.
5. Put in a small airtight jar and store away from light and air.
Recipe inspired by Cecile