Perfect for bringing to a party or barbecue, this low-cal strawberry salsa is super delicious and comes together in less than ten minutes. Enjoy on toasted bread, bruschetta or directly with a spoon!
This recipe has no strict measurements because, you can toss and taste as you go. These are just rough guidelines.
Ingredients list for the Strawberry Salsa
- 15-20 strawberries, rinsed and chopped into small even dices
- 1/3 medium red onion, finely minced
- 5-6 mint leaves, well rinsed and finely chopped
- A small handful basil leaves, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Zest + juice of 1 lime
- Fresh cracked black pepper
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
1. Mix everything in a bowl and chill until ready to serve.
Notes: Don’t make this much more than 30-45 minutes or so before serving otherwise the fruit will get a little mushy. 30 minutes is the perfect amount of time for the flavors to meld and the juices to start flowing.