A creamy version of shrimp scampi made into a low-carb dish with zucchini noodles. This quick dinner dinner is unbelievably easy and healthy, perfect for a busy weeknight!
Ingredients lists for the shrimp scampi with zucchini noodles
- 1 pound (500g) shrimp (or prawns), peeled and deveined
- 2 or 3 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 crumbled bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipped cream (optional)
- ⅓ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
1. Wash the zucchini and slice off both ends creating a nice, flat surface. Spiralize the zucchini, or use a julienne peeler to make zucchini noodles.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter and add in the garlic and fry until fragrant (about one minute). Add in the shrimp and fry two minutes on each side, until cooked through and pink.
3. Add wine and lemon juice to deglaze; add bouillon cube, paprika and herbs and allow to reduce slightly. Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add cream and parmesan and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally. Allow sauce to simmer for a one minute until cheese is melted.
4. Finally add in zucchini noodles. Cook for 2 minutes until zucchini is cooked but still al dente. Adjust seasoning if needed and serve sprinkled with additional herbs. Enjoy!