This coconut macaroons recipe is very easy and quick to make. The coconut macaroons are crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside, it’s a delight! They are perfect to have with a hot coffee or tea. It’s a winner! Easy enough for kids to get in the kitchen and as well.
Ingredients list for coconut macaroons recipe
For 45 to 50 coconut macaroons
- 7 ounces (200g) grated coconut — it’s better when you grate a fresh coconut if you can grab one.
- 7 ounces (200g) of caster sugar
- Few drops of vanilla extract (optionnal)
- A pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
1. Preheat your oven to 360°f
2. Beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and salt until it gets frothy. The texture should be a bit stiff and white. Then add the grated coconut and mix well.
3. Using 2 teaspoons, drop small mounds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then shape them by hand so they cook better. Be careful to space them by one inch approx.
4. Bake in a hot oven at 360°f (180°c) for 10 to 12 minutes per batch (coconut macaroons should be just golden). Let dry your coconut macaroons before removing from the parchment paper.
Nina L. Palmer