If you still haven’t made any zucchini salad this year yet, this is definitely a good moment to do so. Aren’t you missing this crunchy, fresh and pale green with a well flavored dressing? Today we’ll mix zucchini strips with shredded mint leaves, chives, garlic, Tomme cheese and minced, sun-dried tomatoes.
To compensate the blandness of raw zucchini, we make them marinate in olive oil with lemon juice, garlic and herbs… and then we’ll mix them with dried tomatoes and goat Tomme cheese. A great simple side salad for a “grill meal”!
Ingredients list for the zucchini salad
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fleur de sel
- (150g) goat Tomme cheese, a sharp white cheddar is fine too
- Some sun dried tomatoes (you can make them following this recipe)
- Pine nuts
One-Pan Cajun Chicken
1. Wash and dry the zucchini, then slice lengthwise using a mandolin. Keep aside in a plate.
2. Wash, dry, then chop the herbs. Put them in a bowl with the lemon juice, oil, garlic and salt.
3. Pour over the zucchini ribbons, stir well to coat them with sauce. Refrigerate for about an hour.
4. Cut dried tomatoes and chop Tomme (or cheddar).
5. Arrange the zucchini ribbons on plates, incorporate dried tomatoes, Tomme and pine nuts. Enjoy your zucchini salad with your first outdoor grilling party of the year!