With this tender and sweet slow roasted pork loin in parchment, you are sure to make a huge hit with your family. Cooked with balsamic, garlic and herbs marinade in a parchment paper packet, the meat comes out incredibly moist and juicy. Serve it up with potatoes, red onions and broccoli on the side for a healthy balanced meal that makes the house smell amazing.
Ingredients list for the pork loin in parchment paper
- 1 pork loin (about 2 lbs – 1kg)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled, de-germed
- 1/2 cup (120ml) fresh rosemary leaves
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 bouillon cube
- 2 lbs (900g) small potatoes, washed and cut in wedges
- 5 – 6 small red onions, peeled and halved
- A broccoli head, cut into florets
Oven Baked Mashed Potato Cakes
1. In a food processor, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic cloves, rosemary leaves, crumbled bouillon cube and pepper. Pulse until the marinade is thickened, and the consistency is that of a wet paste.
2. Transfer pork to a large salad bowl or roasting pan. Season liberally with salt and pepper and rub with marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight, or minimum 2 hours.
3. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Arrange vegetables in the bottom of a roasting pan lined with a large sheet of parchment paper. Add pork in the center of veggies and tie the ends of the parchment paper packet, just like a big candy. Place in the oven and reduce temperature to 300°F (150°C). Roast pork, until meat is fork-tender, about 3 hours.
4. Remove the roasting pan from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve pork and vegetables directly from the parchment packet.