Ingredients list: Chocolate Poached Pears
- 4 large or 8 small pears
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (or agave syrup )
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 ounces (100g) of chocolate
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
Cooking instruction: Chocolate Poached Pears
1. Peel the pears leaving them whole and keeping the stem.
2. Arrange them in a ovenproof microwave bowl (ideally, a glass container like Pyrex). Add sugar, vanilla and lemon juice.
3. Close the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and pop in the microwave for 8 minutes over high power. Pears will be cooked in steam.
4. Remove the bowl and remove the plastic wrap being careful not to burn yourself. If you prefer your pears cold, let them cool at room temperature and then refrigerate.
5. Just before serving, cut the chocolate into squares. Put them in a bowl and place the bowl in your microwave at low power. Stir after one minute. Put back in the microwave, stirring after 30 seconds and so on until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
6. Arrange pears in individual ramekins, bowls or glasses, top with chocolate sauce. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Don’t miss this: 4 Fresh Vegetable Cocktails Ideas to Keep Your Slim Fit