Ramp up your Thanksgiving menu with this delicious side—The gentle sweetness of this sweet potato and parsnip mash makes a simple and scrumptious combination. Plus, this recipe only dirty one dish from start to finish, so you can focus on more important tasks!
Ingredients list for the parsnip and sweet potato mash
- 1 lb (450g) parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) whole milk
- 1/4 cup (50g) packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- A sprig of cilantro
- Olive oil
Ham Cheese & Spinach Puffs
1. Put parsnips and sweet potatoes pieces in a medium pot; cover with 1 inch of cold water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes over medium heat, until vegetables are tender. parsnips should have lost their bitterness.
2. Drain cooked vegetables and return to pot over low heat. Mash with milk, brown sugar, butter and salt.
3. Divide into individual bowls, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with cilantro.